What do the various parts of the app home screen indicate?
The app home screen is where you see your measured temperature readings, recent graph and any medication reminders.
This picture shows an example of the app home page:
The title 'IanF' here, shows you which user is 'current' i.e. actively being monitored. The app currently supports only one user being monitored at a time on any one device.
Device Icon at the top right
- The little sensor icon on the top right takes you to the sensor information page. This is one of two places where you can change the current user i.e. who's being monitored now.
The upper 'Message Bar'
- There will be an information or warning message just below the page title. There can be several messages that are all displayed in turn:
- One of the messages could be a warning that the measured temperature has gone out of range, as shown in the picture above. When this first happens there will be an audible alert, unless you have sound turned down or disabled on your mobile device.
- Another message could be medication reminders. You can tap on the message to be taken straight to the indicated medicine.
- You can't turn the message bar off.
Temperature alert limits
The blue circle
- The blue circle itself contains the last temperature the sensor sent. The text and edge decoration is red if the temperature is outside the defined range.
- You can turn off an audible alert by tapping on the message bar.
- In normal operation when someone is being monitored, tapping on the blue circle has no effect. To stop monitoring, go to the sensor information page.
- The highest temperature figure shows the highest temperature for the current user over the past 24 hours, regardless of which sensor was used during that time.
- To get a reliable figure, you must be connected to the internet. The app will automatically check back over your stored temperature readings on the cloud to ensure you are seeing an accurate temperature reading.
- This shows a graph of the temperature readings in the last few hours (if available). This is a 'rolling' time window - once the time gets near to the right-hand side, the graph is regenerated with everything shifted to the left to make space for new readings and upcoming medication icons. You can't tap on the graph to get details of individual readings - go to the main graph page for that.
- Medicine icons are also shown when in time range. These can be tapped to take you to the individual medicine detail page.
Need specific support?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org direct.