Why do I have to sign up to use the app?
To ensure your data is protected and secure when added to the cloud using the app.
- By signing up you agree to the terms and conditions of using the Celsium app.
- Your temperature data will be stored on the cloud.
- This means data is transmitted and stored on a remote storage system, where it is maintained, managed and backed up to be made available to you. This allows you to view recent temperature graphs or remotely monitor other people using the app.
- It's essential that temperature data is stored securely and cannot be accessed by other people.
- Therefore, signing up creates a unique and secure account identity so that your data is protected and secure when using the app.
- Please note that when signing up, you will be asked for some essential permissions:
- On Apple devices, at first you will be asked for permission for the Celsium app to use notifications, Bluetooth and Reminders. It is particularly important to allow Bluetooth, otherwise the app cannot work at all. If you deny permission to use notifications or reminders, you will not get temperature alerts, disconnection alerts or medicine reminders unless the app is visible on the screen.
- On Android devices if you are signing in for the first time, you will be asked to allow both location access and access to photos and media (or files). Please make sure you allow access -- the app cannot work otherwise. Location access is required on all Android apps that use Bluetooth. Media access is needed for some aspects of sensor management and so that temperature readings can be stored on your device.
Need specific support?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org direct.